The North Kohala Real Estate Update for Q4 is for the beautiful tropical area located at the northern tip of the Big Island of Hawaii. It is home to the two small towns of Hawi and Kapa’au with Hawi being most famous for the bicycle turnaround point for the annual Ironman World Championship held each October. Its charming downtown area contains many small shops, and restaurants, including the famous Bamboo Restaurant. Hawi is also the 2nd office location of Hawaii Luxury Real Estate.
The other small town, Kapa’au also contains a downtown area with small shops and cafes and is home to the original King Kamehama I Statue. A little farther south down the coast is where the gated, upscale communities of Kohala Ranch, Kohala By-the-Sea and Kohala Waterfront are located.
North Kohala contains miles of pastoral, undeveloped land, as well as a variety of beautiful homes, from small plantation homes to large estates, many with stunning ocean views. The southern end of North Kohala contains the gated communities of Kohala Ranch, containing many luxury homes on large lots and stunning, panoramic ocean views, as well as many large lots where you can build your own Hawaiian Dream Home.
View all Homes for Sale in the North Kohala area. Instantly find out what your Kohala Coast Home is worth.
The North Kohala Real Estate Update shows that at time of this writing (Feb 15th), there were 24 single-family homes for sale and 3 homes in escrow in North Kohala, with 53 land lots on the market, and 6 lots in escrow. There are no condos located in North Kohala, there are no statistics for that market segment.
Of the homes for sale, the highest priced one is listed at $5,450,000, and is located at 59-121 Kihi Kihi Pl in the Kohala Waterfront community. The highest priced land lot on the market is a 437-acre lot at the foot of Union Mill Rd and is listed at $25,000,000. At the other end of the spectrum, the lowest priced home on the market is located at 53-4123 Kolonahe St in Kapa’au, and is listed at $594,000, while the lowest priced land lot for sale is a 4.57-acre lot at 59-129 Kipa Mae Way in Kohala Ranch and is listed at $247,000.
Sales volume in North Kohala has rebounded slightly in the 4th Quarter after a steep decline in Q3. In the Q4 time frame of October 1st through December 31st, there were 16 single-family homes sold in North Kohala, and 7 land lots. The highest priced home to sell is located at 59-136 Kipa Mae Way, in Kohala Ranch. It was listed at $2,900,000 and sold for $2,625,000. The highest priced land lot to sell went for $1,175,000 from a list price of $1,199,000 and is an 20-acre parcel at 55-3277 Puu Mamo Rd in Kapa’au.
The lowest priced home to sell in North Kohala is located at 53-2536 Kynnersley Rd in Kapa’au. It sold for $457,500 from a list price of $459,000. While the lowest priced land lot sold for $325,000 from a list price of the same amount. It is a 10,118 sq ft lot at 54-3703 Lehuula Cir in Kapa’au.
Analysis: The North Kohala Market Update for Q4 shows us that after a steep decline in sales volume in Q3, sales have improved slightly. North Kohala’s inventory levels have also ticked up a little, almost returning to pre-pandemic levels, with plenty of land available for sale.
If you are looking to buy or sell a home in the North Kohala area, or anywhere on the Kohala Coast, contact me today. I will help make your Hawaiian Real Estate dreams a reality. Mahalo.
North Kohala Real Estate Update for Q4 2022 Highlights
- Number of homes currently for sale – 24
- Number of homes currently in escrow – 3
- Number of land lots currently for sale – 53
- Number of land lots currently in escrow – 6
- Highest priced home currently for sale – $5,450,000 / 59-121 Kihi Kihi Pl, Kohala Waterfront
- Highest priced land lot currently for sale – $25,000,000 / Union Mill Rd – 437 acres
- Lowest priced home currently for sale – $594,000 / 53-4123 Kolonahe St, Kapa’au
- Lowest priced land lot currently for sale – $247,000 / 59-129 Kipa Mae Way, Kohala Ranch, 4.57 acres
- Number of homes sold in Q4 (Oct – Dec) – 16
- Number of land lots sold in Q4 (Oct – Dec) – 7
- Highest priced home sold in Q4 – $2,625,000 / 59-136 Kipa Mae Way, Kohala Ranch
- Highest priced land lot sold in Q4 – $1,175,000 / 55-3277 Puu Mamo Dr, Hawi, 20 acres.
- Lowest priced home sold in Q4 – $457,500 / 53-2536 Kynnersley Rd, Kapa’au
- Lowest price land lot sold in Q4 – $325,000 / 54-3703 Lehuula Cir, Kapa’au, 10,118 sq ft.
If you enjoyed this update, you may like Waikoloa Village Real Estate Update for Q4 2022.