Mauna Lani is a beautiful resort located on the West Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. This Kohala Coast resort covers over 3,200 acres and contains 15 separate neighborhoods. From private oceanfront homes to secluded condos, there is something for every discerning buyer. The Mauna Lani Resort offers its residents two Championship Golf Courses, the Mauna Lani Beach Club and a Spa and Fitness Center.
Also, within the resort are two luxury hotels, the Auberge Resort, Mauna Lani and the Fairmont Orchid Hotel. Both hotels offer a variety of activities and dining options. The Shops at Mauna Lani also provide plenty of restaurants choices, including Tommy Bahamas’ and Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, as well as a variety of shops and boutiques, and of course, the world-class, white sand beaches await your discovery.
At the time of this writing (Oct 1st), there were 17 single-family homes for sale and no homes in escrow in the Mauna Lani Resort, with 28 condos for sale and 16 in escrow. Of the single-family homes for sale, the highest priced listing is a tie, there are two homes priced at $17,900,000, and they are both located in the Pahoa Beach community. One is at 68-1026 Pahoa Wy and the other is at 68-1015 Pahoa Wy. The highest priced condo currently on the market is listed at $3,388,000 and is Ke Kailani #1A in the Ke Kailani community,
At the other end of the spectrum, the lowest priced single-family home on the market is located at 68-1012 Nohea Maki St, in the Nohea development. It is listed at $2,875,000. On the condo side, the lowest priced unit currently on the market is listed at the $565,000, and is #D-1, in the Palm Villas at Mauna Lani.
When it comes to sales in 3rd Quarter, the number of condos sold was, as usual, quite higher than the number of single-family homes sold. In the Q3 time frame of July 2020 through September 2020 there were just 3 single-family homes sold in the Mauna Lani Resort, while 21 condos were sold. Of the 3 homes that sold, the highest priced one is located at 68-1017 Ke Kailani Dr, in the Ke Kailani community, and it sold for $4,200,000, from a list price of $4,450,000. While the lowest priced single-family home to sell is located at 68-105 Pukaua Pl, in Champion Ridge. It sold for $2,025,000, from a list price of $2,225,000.
The highest priced of the 21 condos sold in Q3 was The Residences of Laulea #2B1R and it had a sale price of $3,125,000, from a list price of $3,300,00, while the condo with the lowest sale price went for $540,000, from a list price of $539,000 and is Unit #B-3 in the Palm Villas at Mauna Lani.
Analysis: The sales volume of condos in Mauna Lani Resort has rebounded well from the low numbers of Q2, back to its pre-Covid levels. Even with the lower inventory levels, the condo segment remains in a balanced market. In the single-family home segment, the sales volume has increased slightly over Q2, but not enough to reduce the inventory levels, keeping this market segment firmly in a buyer’s market.
If you are looking to buy or sell a home in the Mauna Lani Resort, or are looking to save money on your Vacation Rental Management fees, contact me today. I will help make your Hawaiian Real Estate dreams a reality. Market Updates for other areas of the Kohala Coast can be found on the Market Update Page of my website. Mahalo
Highlights of the Q3 2020 Mauna Lani Market Update
- Number of homes currently for sale – 17
- Number of homes currently in escrow – 0
- Number of condos currently for sale – 28
- Number of condos currently in escrow – 16
- Highest priced home currently for sale – $17,900,000 68-1025 Pahoa Wy in Pahoa Beach
- $17,900,000 68-1015 Pahoa Wy in Pahoa Beach
- Highest priced condo currently for sale – $3,388,000 Ke Kailani #1A in Ke Kailani
- Lowest priced home currently for sale – $2,875,000 68-1012 Nohea Makai Dr in Nohea
- Lowest priced condo currently for sale – $565,000 Palm Villas at Mauna Lani #D-1
- Number of homes sold in Q3 (July – Sept) – 3
- Number of condos sold in Q3 (July – Sept) – 21
- Highest priced home sold in Q3 – $4,200,000 – 68-1017 Ke Kailani Dr
- Highest priced condo sold in Q3 – $3,125,000 Residences of Laulea #2B1R
- Lowest priced home sold in Q3 –$2,025,000 68-105 Pukaua Pl in Champion Ridge
- Lowest priced condo sold in Q3 – $540,000 Palm Villas at Mauna Lani #B-3
If you enjoyed this update, you may like Kohala Coast Market Update for August 2020.
First published at www.ViewHawaiiLuxuryHomes.com/MarketUpdates