The North Kohala Real Estate Update for Q2 is for the majestic area located at the northern tip of the Big Island of Hawaii. It is home to the two small towns of Hawi and Kapa’au. Hawi is most famous for being the bicycle turnaround point for the annual Ironman World Championship held each October (postponed until February this year), and its charming downtown area contains many small shops and restaurants, including the famous Bamboo Restaurant. Hawi is also the 2nd office location of Hawaii Luxury Real Estate.
The other small town, Kapaa’u, also contains a small downtown area with assorted shops and cafes and is home to the original King Kamehama I Statue. A little farther south down the coast is where the gated, upscale communities of Kohala Ranch, Kohala By-the-Sea and Kohala Waterfront are located.
North Kohala contains miles of pastoral, undeveloped land, as well as a variety of beautiful homes, from small plantation homes to large estates, many with stunning ocean views. The southern end of North Kohala contains the gated communities of Kohala Ranch, containing many luxury homes with large lots, as well as many acreage lots where you can build your own Hawaiian dream home. The most alluring character of the Kohala Ranch area is that virtually every home and lot features panoramic ocean views.
At the time of this writing (Aug 25th), there were 11 homes for sale in the North Kohala area and 13 homes in escrow. In the vacant land market, there are 43 lots for sale, with 12 lots in escrow. There are no condos located in North Kohala, so we do not keep statistics for that market segment. Of the homes for sale, the highest priced one is located at 59-110 Pukuikui Pl in Kohala Waterfront and is listed at $4,250,000.
The highest priced vacant land for sale is listed at a cool $25,000,000 and is 63 acres at 59-3010 Kailani Pl in Kohala Kai. At the other end of the spectrum, the lowest priced home on the market is located at 54-3761 Akoni Pule Hwy in Kapa’au, and is listed at $425,000, while the lowest priced lot for sale is a 10,802 sq ft lot at 54-3705 Lehuula Cir in Kapaau, currently listed at $275,000.
Sales continue to be strong in North Kohala, with the Q2 time frame of April through June 2021 seeing 31 homes and 46 land lots sold. The highest priced of these homes is located at 59-112 Kihi Kihi Pl in Kohala Waterfront. It was listed at $5,000,000 and sold for $4,800,000. The highest priced vacant land to sell went for $2,000,000 from a list price of the same amount. It is 62.5 acres located at Kaupalaoa Ranch in Hawi.
The lowest priced home to sell in North Kohala was listed at $421,000 and sold for $410,00. It is located at 53-510 Halaula Maulili Rd in Kapa’au, while the lowest priced lot to sell went for $152,000 from a list price of $158,000. It is a 3.22-acre lot on Lehiwa Way in Kohala Ranch.
Analysis: The North Kohala Real Estate Update for Q2 shows us that sales of both single-family homes and vacant land in North Kohala have continued to be strong. This has led to a drastic drop in inventory levels, with vacant land being at its lowest level in years. Like most of markets on the Island, this has also caused prices to rise.
If you are looking to buy or sell a home in the North Kohala area, or anywhere on the Kohala Coast, contact me today. I will help make your Hawaiian Real Estate dreams a reality. You can read real estate market updates of other areas on the Kohala Coast on the Market Update Page of my website.
North Kohala Real Estate Q2 2021 Highlights
- Number of homes currently for sale – 11
- Number of homes currently in escrow – 13
- Number of land lots currently for sale – 43
- Number of land lots currently in escrow – 12
- Highest priced home currently for sale – $4,250,000 – 59-110 Pukuikui Pl, Kohala Waterfront
- Highest priced land lot currently for sale – $25,000,000 – 63 Acres, Kailani Pl, Kohala Kai
- Lowest priced home currently for sale – $425,000 – 54-3761 Akoni Pule Hwy, Kapa’au
- Lowest priced land lot currently for sale – $275,000 – 10.802 sq ft, 54-3705 Lehuula Cir, Kapaau
- Number of homes sold in Q2 (Apr – Jun) – 21
- Number of vacant land lots sold in Q2 (Apr – Jun) – 46
- Highest priced home sold in Q2 – $4,800,000 59-112 Kihi Kihi Pl, Kohala Waterfront
- Highest priced land lot sold in Q2 – $2,000,000 – 62.5 Acres, Kaupalaoa Ranch, Hawi
- Lowest priced home sold in Q2 – $410,000 – 53-501 Halaula Maulili Rd, Kapa’au
- Lowest priced land lot sold in Q2 – $142,000 – 3.22 Acres, Lehiwa Way, Kohala Ranch
If you enjoyed this update, you may like Kohala Real Estate Update for July 2021.