The Mauna Kea Resort Real Estate Update for Q2 2021 is for the beautiful 1,839-acre resort located on the West Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. This Kohala Coast resort contains two world class hotels, the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel and the Westin Hapuna Beach Resort. These hotels are located along some of the most pristine white sand beaches in all of Hawaii.
The luxurious homes located in Mauna Kea Resort are second to none, with everything from private oceanfront estates to condos with sweeping ocean views. The Mauna Kea Resort also offers its resident’s access to two Championship Golf Courses, the Seaside Tennis Club, a Fitness Center, and the Mauna Kea Spa. Some of the many restaurants include Number 3, the Hua Tree Lanai, the Copper Bar, Clambake, and the Manta.
At the time of this writing (Aug. 9th), there were 4 single-family homes for sale and one in escrow in the Mauna Kea Resort, with no condos for sale and just one in escrow. Of the homes for sale, the highest priced one on the market is listed at $15,800,000, and is located at 62-3704 Kiekiena Pl, in the Bluffs at Mauna Kea, while the only condo currently in escrow is listed at $1,200,000 and is Unit #F1 in Kumulani at the Uplands. At the other end of the spectrum, the lowest priced single-family home for sale in Mauna Kea Resort is located at Waiulaula at Mauna Kea #421 and is listed at $2,400,000.
Sales volume has slowed back to its usual low levels in the Mauna Kea Resort, with 4 single-family homes and 3 condos being sold in the 2nd quarter of 2021. In this time from April 2021 through June 2021, the highest priced home sold is located at 62-3630 Leihulu Pl, in the Fairways South community and sold for $7,825,000 from a list price of $7,995,000.
The lowest priced home to sell in Q2 sold for $1,795,000 from a list price of the same amount and is located at Waiulaula at Mauna Kea #334. In the condo market, the highest priced condo to sell went for $2,239,000 from a list price of $2,239,000 and is Unit #344 in Waiulaula at Mauna Kea, while the lowest priced condo sold for $1,075,000 from a list price of the same amount and is in Kumulani at the Uplands at Mauna Kea, Unit #A3.
Analysis: The Mauna Kea Resort Real Estate Update for Q2 2021 shows us that the surge in condo sales for the last few quarters has come to an end as all the inventory has been bought up. The single-family home market has historically been low volume, and after a brief surge in sales in Q4 of 2020, the low volume market has returned. As in other markets, prices have spiked, but mostly in the lower end condos.
If you are looking to buy or sell a home in the Mauna Kea Resort, or anywhere on the Kohala Coast, contact me today. I will help make your Hawaiian Real Estate dreams come true. Mahalo
Mauna Kea Real Estate Update for Q2 2021 Highlights
- Number of single-family homes currently for sale – 4
- Number of single-family homes currently in escrow – 1
- Number of condos currently for sale – 0
- Number of condos currently in escrow – 1
- Highest priced home currently for sale – $15,800,000 62-3704 Kiekiena Pl, Bluffs at Mauna Kea
- Highest priced condo currently for in escrow- $1,200,000 Kumulani at the Uplands, The Uplands at Mauna Kea
- Lowest priced home currently for sale – $1,895,000 62-3997 Moani Pikake Ct, Moani Heights
- Lowest priced condo currently in escrow – $1,200,000 Kumulani at the Uplands, The Uplands at Mauna Kea
- Number of homes sold in Q2 (Apr – Jun) – 4
- Number of condos sold in Q2 (Apr – Jun) – 3
- Highest priced home sold in Q2 – $7,825,000 62-3630 Leihulu Pl, Fairways South / $7,995,000.
- Highest priced condo sold in Q2 – $2,279,000 Waiulaula at Mauna Kea #344 / $2,239,500
- Lowest priced home sold in Q2 – $1,795,000 Waiulaula at Mauna Kea #334 / $1,795,000
- Lowest priced condo sold in Q2 – $1,075,000 Kumulani at the The Uplands #A3 / $1,075,000
If you enjoyed this update, you might like Kohala Market Update for June 2021.