Mauna Lani Resort Real Estate Update for Q4 is for the beautiful resort located on the West Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. This Kohala Coast resort covers over 3,200 acres and contains 15 separate neighborhoods. From private oceanfront homes to secluded condos, there is something for every discerning buyer. The Mauna Lani Resort offers its residents two Championship Golf Courses, the Mauna Lani Beach Club, and a Spa and Fitness Center.
Also, within the resort are two luxury hotels, the Auberge Resort, Mauna Lani and the Fairmont Orchid Hotel. Both hotels offer a wide variety of activities and dining options. The Shops at Mauna Lani also provide plenty of restaurant choices, such as Tommy Bahamas’ and Ruth’s Chris Steak House. This open-air mall also consists of a selection of shops that include a mixture of famous brand names and local craftsmanship, and of course, the world-class, white sand beaches are always close by.
At the time of this writing (Jan 2nd), there were 16 single-family homes for sale in Mauna Lani Resort and 2 homes in escrow, along with 22 condos for sale, and 12 in escrow. Of the homes for sale, the highest priced one is listed at $17,900,000, and is located at 68-1015 Pauoa Way in the Pauoa Beach community, while the highest priced condo on the market is listed at $3,100,000 and is Unit #12B2 in The Residences of Laulea community.
At the other end of the spectrum, the lowest priced home on the market is 68-1122 N Kaniku Dr #305, located in KaMilo at Mauna Lani Resort, and is listed at $1,849,000, while on the condo side, the lowest priced one currently on for sale is listed at $638,888. It is Unit #O23, in the Golf Villas at Mauna Lani.
When it comes to sales in the 4th Quarter, the number of condos sold was, as usual, quite higher than the number of single-family homes sold. In the Q4 time frame of October through December 2020, there were 3 single-family homes sold in the Mauna Lani Resort, while 27 condos were sold. The highest priced home to sell is at 68-1059 Honopaoke Wy and it sold for $5,600,000, from a list price of $5,825,000.
The lowest priced home sold for $3,025,000, from a list price of $3,195,000, and is at 68-1095 Honokaope Pl. Both homes are in the 49 Black Sand community. The highest priced of the 27 condos sold is in The Residences of Laulea, Unit 11B1, and it sold for $2,975,000, from a list price of the same amount. While the condo with the lowest sales price was Palm Villas #D-2, which sold for $550,000 from a list price of $565,000.
Analysis: The inventory and sales volume of single-family homes in Mauna Lani Resort has remained constant throughout 2020, and other than the pandemic challenged second quarter, condo sales have also been strong and steady. The main difference is new condo inventory has not come on the market as quickly as sales, causing an increasingly low inventory market.
If you are looking to buy or sell a home in the Mauna Lani Resort, or anywhere on the Kohala Coast, contact me today. I will help make your Hawaiian Real Estate dreams a reality. If you enjoyed this Market Update, read about other location on the Kohala Coast on my Market Update Page. Mahalo
Mauna Lani Real Estate Update for Q4 2020 Highlights
- Number of homes currently for sale – 16
- Number of homes currently in escrow – 2
- Number of condos currently for sale – 22
- Number of condos currently in escrow – 12
- Highest priced home currently for sale – $17,900,000 68-1015 Pauoa Wy, in Pauoa Beach
- Highest priced condo currently for sale – $3,100,000 Residences of Laulea #12B2
- Lowest priced home currently for sale – $1,849,000 KaMilo at Mauna Lani #305
- Lowest priced condo currently for sale – $638,888 Golf Villas at Mauna Lani #O23
- Number of homes sold in Q4 (Oct – Dec) – 3
- Number of Condos sold in Q4 (Oct – Dec) – 27
- Highest priced home sold in Q4 – $5,600,000 68-1059 Honokaope Wy
- Highest priced condo sold in Q4 – $2,975,000 Residences of Laulea #11B1
- Lowest priced home sold in Q4 – $3,025,000 69-1055 Honokaope Pl
- Lowest priced condo sold in Q4 – $550,000 Palm Villas at Mauna Lani #D-2
If you enjoyed this update, you may like Kohala Real Estate Update for November 2020.