The Mauna Lani Resort Market Update for Q1 is for the magnificent resort located on the West Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. This Kohala Coast resort covers over 3,200 acres and contains 15 separate neighborhoods. From private oceanfront estates to secluded luxury condos, there is a type of home for every discerning buyer. The Mauna Lani Resort offers its residents two Championship Golf Courses, the exclusive Mauna Lani Beach Club, and a Spa and Fitness Center.
Also, within the resort are two luxury hotels, the Auberge Resort, Mauna Lani, and the Fairmont Orchid. Both hotels offer a wide variety of dining options. The Shops at Mauna Lani also provide plenty of restaurant choices, such as Tommy Bahamas’ and Ruth’s Chris Steak House. This open-air mall also consists of a selection of shops that include a mixture of famous brand names and local craftsmanship, and of course, the world-class, white sand beaches are always close by.
At the time of this writing (Apr 2nd), there were 10 single-family homes for sale, and 7 homes in escrow within the Mauna Lani Resort, along with 8 condos for sale, and 14 in escrow. Of the homes for sale, the highest priced one is listed at $17,900,000, and is located at 68-1015 Pauoa Wy in the Pauoa Beach community, while the highest priced condo on the market is listed at $3,695,000 and is Na Hale #1 at Pauoa Beach.
At the other end of the spectrum, the lowest priced home on the market is at 68-104 Pukaua Pl, in Champion Ridge, and is listed at $2,950,000. On the condo side, the lowest priced unit currently on the market is listed at $746,000. It is Unit #1306, in The Fairways at Mauna Lani.
When it comes to sales in the 1st Quarter, the number of condos sold was, as usual, quite higher than the number of homes sold. In the Q1 time frame of January 2021 through March 2021, there were 9 single-family homes sold in the Mauna Lani Resort, while 25 condos were sold. The highest priced home to sell is located at 68-1022 Honokaope Pl, in 49 Black Sand, and it sold for $4,850,000, from a list price of $5,450,000.
The lowest priced home sold for $1,800,000, from a list price of $1,849,000, and is located at 68-1122 N Kaniku Dr, #305, in the KaMilo community. The highest priced of the 25 condos sold is Unit #1B2R in the Residences of Laulea, and it sold for $3,100,000, from a list price of $3,275,000. While the condo with the lowest sales price was Palm Villas at Mauna Lani #C-22, which sold for $590,000 from a list price of $599,000.
Analysis: The Mauna Lani Resort Market Update for Q1 shows us that the volume of single-family homes sold in Q1 increased significantly over the last few quarters, while condos sales have remained steady. The inventory in Mauna Lani Resort, as in most of the markets on the Kohala Coast, has dropped to exceptionally low levels. With little inventory remaining to be sold, we should also expect a slowdown in sales.
If you are looking to buy or sell a home in the Mauna Lani Resort, or anywhere on the Kohala Coast, contact me today. I will help make your Hawaiian Real Estate dreams a reality. If you enjoyed this Market Update, you can find updates on other location on the Kohala Coast on my Market Update Page. Mahalo
Mauna Lani Market Update for Q1 2021 Highlights
- Number of single-family homes currently for sale – 10
- Number of single-family homes currently in escrow – 7
- Number of condos currently for sale – 8
- Number of condos currently in escrow – 14
- Highest priced home currently for sale – $17,900,000 68-1015 Pauoa Wy, Pauao Beach
- Highest priced condo currently for sale – $3,695,000 Na Hale #1 at Pauoa Beach
- Lowest priced home currently for sale – $2,950,000 68-104 Pukaua Pl, Champion Ridge
- Lowest priced condo currently for sale – $746,000 The Fairways at Mauna Lani #1306
- Number of homes sold in Q1 (Jan – Mar) – 9
- Number of Condos sold in Q1 (Jan – Mar) – 25
- Highest priced home sold in Q1 – $4,850,000 68-1022 Honokaope Pl, 49 Black Sand
- Highest priced condo sold in Q1 – $3,100,000 Residences of Laulea #1B2R
- Lowest priced home sold in Q1 – $1,800,000 68-1122 N Kaniku Dr #305, KaMilo
- Lowest priced condo sold in Q1 – $590,000 Palm Villas at Mauna Lani #C-22
If you enjoyed this update, you may like Kohala Real Estate Update for February 2021.